A bit of Urban Exploration...well sort of

A place for the photo spods to hang out

A bit of Urban Exploration...well sort of

Postby The Bloxta » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Eve'nin all!

I was working down in Weymouth yesterday and the site I visited was a pub in the town centre, the top two floors of the premises used to belong to the local rag but they vacated in 2000 and no one has taken over since and it has just been left as it was (well more or less).
To cut a long story short my work colleague who I was onsite with at the time is local to the area and after we done the survey, measuring up blah blah blah went upstairs to show me what an ex-employee of the paper had done to one of the rooms, she basically broke in one night not long after the place was closed down and painted one of the rooms pure white, graffiti suicidal notes in different languages all over and painted murals to express her feelings of wanting to get away from the rat race and society, it has remained since and no one dares paint over it.

It may not look like much from the photo's but I can assure you standing in that room alone was shit scary :shock:

Apology's it's ended up as a sub folder of the Crazy Carter Crew :?

http://s199.photobucket.com/user/4um_photos/library/Crazy%20Carter%20Crew/Urban%20Exploration?sort=3&page=1
It's been an emotional ride folks, thanks for the memories
The Bloxta
King Of The Forum Jungle
King Of The Forum Jungle

Re: A bit of Urban Exploration...well sort of

Postby SirDanofWoo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:51 pm

nice, was it intentional to take a picture of the month of November in the calendar shot?
I remember when this was all fields and Zuckerberg was still in pre school
SirDanofWoo
Tiger
Tiger

Re: A bit of Urban Exploration...well sort of

Postby The Bloxta » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:41 pm

SirDanofWoo wrote:nice, was it intentional to take a picture of the month of November in the calendar shot?

Haha, no honestly it is by pure coincidence that November was the month it was open on, I did leave it as it was.
It's been an emotional ride folks, thanks for the memories
The Bloxta
King Of The Forum Jungle
King Of The Forum Jungle

Return to Photo Club